Q. I think my child may be using drugs, what should I do?

A. Stay calm and do not panic. Talk it over with your child calmly. Let your child know of your concern and what you are seeing. Do not accuse or use guilt. Talk with the adults in your child's life to see if they have any concerns or what they are seeing. Contact a drug and alcohol professional for a list of signs and symptoms of a user and where to go to get help. That information is available at Personal Solutions Inc. Please call (814)623-5009.

Q: I do not have any health insurance, how can I get treatment for myself or my family members substance abuse problem?

A: Personal Solutions Inc. has a limited amount of funds at their disposal to help with those individuals needing treatment but with no health insurance. The first step is to call PSI and set up an appointment to see what help we can provide. Phone (814)623-5009.

Q: My health insurance will not pay for drug and alcohol treatment what should I do?

A: All group health plans in Pennsylvania, including insurance and health maintenance organizations are required by law (Act 106 of 1989) to provide coverage for the treatment of alcohol and drug addictions. You can file a letter of appeal. In your letter provide a brief description of the problem you have encountered. Next, provide your name, address, and phone number. Then provide the names, addresses, and phone numbers of Insurer/Managed Care Firm or Health Plan. Send you Letter of Appeal to your insurer or health plan and to the two following organizations:

Health Care Unit
Office of Attorney General
Strawberry Square, 14th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Fax (717)787-1190
Deb Beck
Consumer Advocacy Project of PA
2033 Linglestown Road, Box 230
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Fax (717)657-7784


My church group or organization is interested in a speaker to address alcohol, tobacco and other drug issues, can you tell me where to go for help?


Personal Solutions Inc. offers a variety of programs tailored to your specific topic, organization and age group. We are capable of delivering presentations supplemented with pamphlets and brochures on your selected theme. There are examples of presentations listed under Request Presenters. Please fill out the Program Request Form and send it to PSI at info@personalsolutionsinc.org or fax (814)623-5217 or call (814)623-5009. Someone will contact you and make the arrangements for your presentation.
Q: My organization is sponsoring a health fair. Where can I get pamphlets, brochures and other information regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs for distribution?
A: Personal Solutions Inc. has a variety of information in stock for immediate distribution on the topics of alcohol, tobacco and drug use and abuse. There are examples of pamphlets and brochures and other information listed under Resource Center in the Publications Library section. These materials are available to you at no cost. All publications must be picked up at Personal Solutions Inc. Call ahead to reserve your selection at (814)623-5009 or email us at info@personalsolutionsinc.org. Please give us at least two weeks notice prior to your planned event so that we may order out-of-stock items.